Empowering single adults to find their satisfaction in Jesus Christ within the community of believers at Richland Creek.
Richland Creek Community Church offers three different ministries for single adults. While the distinctions are flexible, the College Ministry is for those between the ages of 18 to 24, the Young Professionals is for those between 26 and 32, and the Singles Ministry — whose page you are at now — is for those who are 33 and above.
Richland Creek is a “friendly church.” And, the best place to make new friends is in the Sunday school small groups. The center of the singles ministry is the Sunday school small groups. It is the “spiritual support group” from which all other relationships activities, trips, and service projects flow. Jesus told the church to be about three things in Matthew 28:18-20:
- Reach people for Christ
- Teach people God’s Word
- Minister to people’s needs
Sunday morning small groups are the practical ways in which we approach these things. When you join us, you will hear about different opportunities for fellowship and service throughout the week. Next, people mention any needs that they have and we pray for one another. Lastly, we read the Bible, seek to understand it and attempt to apply to our lives. The small groups are lively with people voluntarily contributing to the discussions. But, fear not: you will never be singled out to pray, read out loud, or answer a question.
For new visitors, picking a small group can sometimes feel a little scary. Here is how to ‘unlock’ Richland Creek and to find the singles group that is just right for you:
- Pick the style of music you most enjoy for the worship service
- Traditional (8 a.m.)
- Blended (9 a.m.)
- Contemporary (10:15 a.m.)
- Contemporary (11:30 a.m.)
- Try a class that meets before or after the worship service you would like to attend:
- The 9 a.m. Singles of All Ages class in E-2 enables you to attend either the traditional service before class (8 a.m.) or the contemporary worship service after class (10:15 a.m.). This class welcomes singles of any age and life situation. The 9 a.m. time is convenient for single parent families with elementary-aged children (5 – 11 years old), since Children’s Church occurs at the same time. The class is led by Perry Safron.
- The 9 a.m. Single Moms class in 125 enables you to attend either the traditional service before class (8 a.m.) or the contemporary worship service after class (10:15 a.m.). This group enjoys one-on-one interaction with a great group of leaders, offering sweet fellowship and Bible study. The class is led by Tresa Ewart and Maggie Bryant.
- The 10:15 a.m. Singles of All Ages class in E-2 enables you to attend either the blended (9 a.m.) or contemporary (11:30 a.m.) worship services. It is open to singles of any age and life situation. The 10:15 a.m. time is convenient for single parent families with elementary-aged children (5-11 years old), since Children's Church occurs at the same time. The class is led by Perry Safron and Tom Haywood.
- The 11:30 a.m. Transitions class in E-2 enables you attend the contemporary worship service (10:15 a.m.) before class. At the same time as class, separate small groups are available for children of any age. Focusing on God's grace, love, and teachings, this class helps people navigate the difficult experiences of life. The class is led by Richard and Susanne Bailey.
Try several of the Sunday School small groups (even those designed for families, if you like), and pick the one that feels most comfortable to you. You will see Richland Creek Community Church literally open up to you. Take advantage of the outside-class opportunities that are mentioned each week. These provide fantastic ways to serve the Lord and to grow more deeply in fellowship with the body of Christ.
Singles at “the Creek” are found everywhere throughout the church. Regardless of marital status, people can participate in all the functions of the church and serve within virtually any area. The singles ministry, therefore, does not compete with the activities of the church but rather complements them. We are part of the body of Christ. This is not a church with an elite group of “favorites.” We are a church doing everything to prepare for the marriage supper of the lamb.
Along with the big events of the church, the singles ministry has a few of their own. Click the links on the right for details:
- Friday Nights. Adult singles and their kiddos can enjoy two different in-home groups, each with potluck meals and Bible studies. 1) Perry and Anita Safron's meets weekly and is open to all (5:30 – 8:30 pm) and 2) Maggie Bryant hosts one for single moms on the fourth Friday of each month (6:30 – 8:30 pm).
- Divorce Recovery Workshop (Spring and Fall) The workshop runs for six weekly Thursday night sessions designed to help you release past injustices and forgive through the power of Jesus Christ.
- Memorial Weekend Pig Pickin’ (last Sunday in May) It’s a pig pickin’ (with chicken and hotdogs). Bring a side dish, any friends, and family.
- Bonfire and Brunswick Stew (Saturday evening in early October) Live music, fire-cooked Brunswick stew, hay rides and much, much more.
Click UPCOMING EVENTS (also on the right) to see what's happening this week!